Thread: Snake Bite!
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 01:27 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

In continuing my quest for the perfect Viper....well...not really, but since it's Hurricaning out there, I might as well update a few threads!

Up on jack stands it goes for a brake redo and a cleaning up of the front and rear suspension is in order as well. Of course, factory markings present as well as parts tags will remain. The last worn out parts to replace are the sway bar end links front and back too. Brakes on the Gen II Vipers are...well....not exactly up to today's standards on the Gen Vs or even the later Gen IIIs. After exploring a bunch of options and realizing this thing will never see a track day (OK, maybe one day for fun), I decided that slotted rotors with Hawk pads would be just fine. Of course, what's a B&W GTS need to really look good!? Simple....shiney red calipers which always make the car go faster!

Look at how puny those back calipers are! Like leftover Neon calipers. I'm going to make a cover eventually to go over that (Tom at Tom's Big Brakes used to, but they no longer exist) just for asthetic purposes so I can have a Viper logo on the rear ones too. Just a brake bleed away from being back on the road! Well, that and a week of no rain!

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images