View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Trumbul Chevrolet

Black with a black vinyl top. Funny thing was, he went there with his Dad who was a GM employee at the old Cadillac plant down the street. He was looking to by a SS396. The salesman told him of this chevelle that apparently they were having a hard time selling because it was loaded....bucket seats, tilt, TH400 console, AM/FM stereo etc. He never modified it in any way. He later bought a new Corvette in 1971 and the Chevelle got stored right next to his grandmothers 63 Impala. both cars were only driven once in a while. Remember the old days of cruising Telegraph road (the Detroit guys here will remember that). A lot of guy's would get a big surprise when they challenged him to a race....(no SS 396) on fenders obviously....again not too many people realized what these cars were.....hell nor did I. He brought it over just after he got it...I'm looking at it...no ss badging anywhere....asked him what the heck is this ? (could hear the lumpy exhaust and solids )...until he popped the hood....and as they say....the rest is history. By the way.....there were a few of these running around my area back then.