View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 05:08 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,879 Times in 1,004 Posts

I think one also has to take into an account availability. LS6 Chevelles were somewhat plentiful when compared to a 68 Hemi Dart or a 69 ZL1 as these could be extremely hard to come by unless you had unlimited funds. If you are including 1964 than the Thunderbolt should rank up there but were no picnic to drive or stop. A 427 Cobra would hold it's own as well but we should talk regular production (500 or more) vs limited or hand built. Besides that the 68 Hemi Darts were not street legal so they should not be included though no one doubts they were absolute brutes. I have always been under the impression that the 70 455 Stage 1 was the top dog in this fight followed by the LS6 and then maybe the 440 Cuda. Hemi cars were fast but they needed to get some speed behind them to show their real potential and they rode, drove and stopped like crap when compared to a Buick or Chevelle. I am obviously biased to an LS6 Chevelle but think with all things considered the Buick would be the winner in that game. Like it has been said a couple of times, pretty much every manufacturer out there had their own "King" that should be well respected and could be the top dog. No one will ever win this argument that has been going on for some 40 years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations