View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Buford the Buick

Hi There GN guy. I had a big long response written, and then I did a double take on your screen name. Your suggestion that 600 horsepower is “easy” could pretty much be open for debate. If you approached that horsepower level with production six cylinder Buick hardware like a block, crank and rods (even on a hopped up, cheating dyno), I have a good hunch the connecting rods would likely be laying on the ground. And even if you did somehow manage it, I really doubt you’d be able to sustain that horsepower level without eventually driving over some engine pieces.

By the way, the dripping, leaking (did I tell you how I had to chip two inches of cooked oil crud from the transmission bellhousing to get at the bolts?) V6 went to a good home. It’s powering a real GN that, uhm, for a short period of time had one of those wicked power engines you’re talking about <g>.

As far as hacking up cars, I’m definitely guilty – I’ve chopped up a number of them. Some were even factory pilot cars with plenty of zeros in the VIN sequence. I have a hunch a couple of other guys on this board have hacked up muscle cars too. And quite a few of us old farts did it when those cars were two days old. Or less.

And finally, I have the stock 6 banger frame mounts sitting here if someone buys the car and absolutely needs it powered by one of those nearly stock 600 HP Buicks.

Take care man…

Wayne (the Buick Butcher) Scraba