Thread: 1967 Z/28
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 10:49 PM

Default 1967 Z/28

FOR SALE: 1967 Z/28, Butternut Yellow with black vinyl top and interior. Born-with, factory original, numbers matching and correct date coded drivetrain including MO code block, double hump heads, M21 Muncie with VIN and 12 bolt posi w/traction bar. This car is an older restoration (circa 1998) with no documents but previously owned by a sYc member, recently certified by Jerry MacNeish and is car number 170 in the Registery (per Jerry). This is a low option car that runs and drives great. Car also has the correct carburetor, distributor, alternator, starter, exhaust manifolds, alum. intake, fan clutch (incorrect fan blade and a '68 Z/28 water pump), what appears to be the original Harrison radiator, WT master cylinder and early model DF 15" wheels w/repro redlines. I have misplaced the data sheet that I compiled containing all the numbers and dates but will gather the info. for serious prospective buyers. I am posting pics of the pad, which was the subject of an earlier thread posted on this site, along with some older pics but I will post/email recent ones if needed, as soon as I can figure out my digital camera. Everything works except the radio. The undercarriage is clean and all pans/panels are solid. Some detailing of the undercarriage will be required as it appears that whoever did the resto did not do a concourse job in this area. I have completed the punch list compiled by Jerry except installing the correct steering wheel (which I have), the fan blade assembly ($1600+ for one on eBay a while back) and replacing the rear deck lid (currently from a '68 model).
I am not a '67 Z/28 expert nor do I play one on TV; I am representing this car as it has been represented to me by the previous owner and MacNeish and will make his report available to anyone interested. Asking price: $90000.

Attachments - The Supercar Registry 232328-BYBV67Zpad.jpg 231755-hoodfront.50.JPG
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...