Thread: Snake Bite!
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 08:26 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

Moving onto the engine bay, what's needed in there? Lots of stuff! Vipers tend to leak a lot, especially with factory gaskets. One of the major culprits is the timing cover gasket. Leaking coolant into the engine bay is NO BUENO!!! That's about the extent of my Spanish, well...except for Las Tatas es muey Grande'!!!! Wait... Can I type that on here? Anyway, it's gasket removal time! Up on deck is a Cometic oil pan gasket, timing cover gasket, water pump gasket, thermostat housing gasket, oil filter mounting gasket, crank seal, and since you can't remove the thermostat without removing the 5ft long intake manifold, an intake gasket too! While I'm in there, a 180 degree thermostat will go in as well as a cleanup of the whole front of the engine due to the leaky timing cover and PCV gasket. Oh yeah, add to the the PCV hose and seal!

Along with these things, a new serpentine belt, tensioner (those always fail), and a much needed power steering pulley and mounting bracket. If you can believe this, the original is plastic! Yes, plastic! Remember those Revell models you built as a kid? Well, they make the PS Pulley and braket for real big cars too! Not really, but it is plastic. I replaced those with billet items. Looks good and lasts a long time!

And last thing is all the hoses get replaced: upper lower radiator along with FIVE, not 2, FIVE heater hoses! Can you reach them easily? Is this your first time reading one of my threads?!?!? Of course you can't!!!!

Cheers

Dave
Attached Images