View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,144 Posts
Default Re: RogerD's 1969 Dick Harrell Chevelle

Keep in mind this car is more than a factory delivered Copo car w/ stripes added, it's a 9562 Copo Chevelle w/ Harrell mods!
See Roger's old note below, surely some far more technical stuff included than what would've been done at Allen Chevy!

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
~ Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RogerD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...my car started out in life at the KAN (Leeds) plant as a COPO, was delivered to DHPC some time after the 3rd week of July, 1969 where DHPC did it's magic.
DHPC removed the AIR equipment, plugged the AIR holes in the exhaust manifolds, degreed the harmonic balancer, removed one of the two distributor weights, timed it at 38 deg/3,000 RPM, valved the turbo trans with 3,000 rpm stall speed and 7,000 rpm shift points, installed a Sun tach on the steering column, via stainless steel hose clamp, installed hood locks, installed the large V8 emblems on the sides, applied the DHPC emblem to the deck lid, generated the &quot;Dealer to Whom Delivered - Bill Allen Chevrolet &quot;Window Sticker&quot; that I still have (40 years later). Then, it was delivered to Bill Allen Chevrolet (perhaps the 2nd week or into the 3rd week of August) to be sold, I drove by Tuesday, Aug 19th, 1969 on my way to work (Whitaker Cable - about 3 or 4 blocks down the steet from Bill Allen Chevrolet) and bought it (BRAND NEW) - not sure if the black hood stripes were applied at DHPC or at Bill Allen Chevrolet...</div></div>