View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 12:09 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts
Default Re: My "shop find" Bullitt Stang!

Looking like after the clean up and grind down, I"m just about ready for the new pan to go in. The inner rockers on these Mustangs are a glavanized finish. I'm thinking when it comes time to weld it's gong to be a little bit of a splatter fest.

Frames ground down, and everything was in good shape internally, sans some surface rust. I used some rust converter to stop the rust and then after a day of sitting, sprayed a liberal (lousy liberals) amount of red oxide primer inside the rails....

Overall, not too bad. The rear floor sections were in great shape except for right above the right rear frame rail. I'll cut that out and the new floor will join up against that section so I can stitch weld that in place. No seams visible from underneath! The goal is a factory look (of course...what else did you expect?!?! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img] ) When it comes times to weld the new pan in I'll grind away the primer where the surfaces are joined so I have nice bare, fresh, clean metal. Once that's all done and everything is solid, another round of correct tint red oxide primer! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] Once the main pan is in place, I'll start the rest of the teardown of the car an hopefully have it on the twirler next month and off to the blaster! WOO HOO!!!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img] All the areas I'm missing will be taken care of by the media blast dude, and the red primer now is just to protect the metal while it sits in the 1000% HOUmidity of HOUston [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Man....what am I doing? I'm not finished with one and starting in on another! Anyone have a 69 Judge they want to send my way so I can take a whack at a GM product? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Cheers [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]