View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 03:19 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Nova View Post
Bill, I know what you mean.

I will be 52 in February. When I was 16, I saved and bought my first car, a 1968 GTX convertible 440 4sp Dana 4.10. Blk with Blk top and red interior. I had money down on a 1970 440+6 Cuda 4sp and 4.10 Dana. B5 Blue blk int, rally hood not shaker car. Guy went away for work, and was going to be overseas for months before he could get back home.

So got my $$$ back and was able to make a deal on the GTX as I went to school with the guy, he was leaving for college and had the car for sale.

REASON for this story is, my friend who just bought this Hemi RR was also looking at the GTX I bought when we were younger. We hung around for a couple years. Played football and hockey together. I didn't know he was talking to the owner about the GTX. So when my deal on the Cuda went south, we talked and made the deal. Money changed hands and I took the car. My friend had went to Florida on vacation. He was going to buy the car when he got back, but I bought it not knowing he was looking at it.

He told us he was looking at a '69 Superbee 383 4 sp buckets console car. So he DID buy that after I bought the GTX. I also bought a '68 340 GTS Dart and he bought a red '67 Coronet Rt.

Today I have 3 Chevy's. He has different '69 Superbee that's done up like an A12 car, and a '69 RS/SS Camaro convertible 396/375 auto car, and now this Hemi RR too.
Tell me about the RSSS L78 convert.
Doug_9561 (01-24-2018)