Thread: 69 Z28 clock
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 09:23 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbentley View Post
Indeed, a clock, by itself, could be ordered irrespective of whether the car had a console or not. I, too, have a 69 with console (D55) and a clock, but no gauges.
To summarize, you could order a clock without gauges, but you could not order gauges without a clock.

This is one of my peeves about the 69 Camaro ( probably every car from this era could be said the same), is that it used to be scarce and a treasure to find a car with certain options. They just did not make that many cars that were heavily optioned. A newbie in today’s market would tend to believe every Camaro ordered in 69 came with a console, gauges, rosewood wheel, tilt, fold down seat, endura bumper, RS, 4.10 posi, spoilers,am-fm, Houndstooth ( with standard door panels, of course)and not complete without a ducted hood. Which is
Agreed, a lot of them I'm seeing for sale have the console, with gauges and no clock, so it throws a red flag, then I start thinking, what else is not right, I want to be sure to get a car I'm happy with, that is not all changed around and put together. Thanks again for your input!