View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 05:54 AM

Default Rubber and window trim (sqeegee molding?)

I’ve seen many places advertising rubber and trim for ’70 F bodies but would like the recommendation of the collective……

Most things are still in great shape but I’ll have to replace some window molding and the squeegee molding (not sure of the name of it, but it is between the outside of the door glass and the body).

I've hesitated to put this under a separate Pontiac restoration thread because I'd be embarrassed at going so slow. Not long after starting this thread, I started a project to rebuild the engine in my ’92 300ZX twin turbo, which is in such good shape I wouldn’t even call it a restoration. Once the engine was out, creeping elegance set in as I kept seeing small things which are easy to do with the engine out. I’ve done picky things I never intended to do. It needs to finish before I start making good progress on the SD.

Things went into suspended animation after having 3 major surgeries in 3 months. My body wasn’t actually ready for it but I wanted to take some of the interior plastics out before the furnace of summer set in but also with the sun’s radiant heat warming things up so the plastics wouldn’t be brittle.

Today was perfect so I took the seats out and recon’ed the situation. I replaced the headliner in ’83 and although it still looks good but I’m thinking it can’t be so I’ll be looking for vinyl which matches. I'd not remembered how heavy the seats are. I wonder if there is a lighter alternative?

Thanks all