View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 08:40 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

On my high quality pic you can zoom in and see broach marks under the numbers but they are pretty faint. The pad was painted at one time some I'm assuming they might have been lightly sanded a little more in that area trying to get the paint up from the number? The pad is flat across not like someone erased a previous vin and restamped it. If it was restamped they did the whole thing. I just want some comparisons as far as fonts and spacing etc. and other peoples opinions before I close the deal.

The car is a 2 owner car purchased from the original owner about 15 years ago. Still on the 1975 title when the original owner got married and had the title changed to ad her new last name (original owner was a woman). It has its protect-o-plate, original finance papers, and loan payoff.

Original carb is gone it has a service replacement, does have correct heads, intake, dist, exhaust manifolds, it was to hard to get underneath to check tranny but that's my next step when I go back to try to hammer out a deal if I like what I hear. The small stuff doesn't concern me I just want to be sure the block is the original.