View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 03:01 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,175 Posts

Finally got to see the car tonight. It is not a RS car. Looks fantastic, but the story isn't exactly what I remembered (fuzzy memories). Owner did not buy it new. He had a dusk blue Z in high school and wanted another one. He bought this one, which is a real X33 Z/28 that started life as Fathom Green with 723 Midnight Green interior. Had the color change to Dusk Blue with black standard interior. I have not uncrated the engine or trans yet, so have not seen those in person. Hoping all is well with that. Does have original BU rear dated March, orig. trim tag, original steering box, and what looks to be original master and booster. It even still has two speedo cable clips (not being used with the current Tremec five speed). Looks to have all the correct pulleys, but not exhaust manifolds. Hoping all the correct brackets are in with the engine, along with the correct distributor and carb. Car has a lot going for it, but not something you would want to try and make a 1000 point car.

Has several issues for anyone wanting a true numbers car that would be judged. Four leaf springs were replaced by 5 leaf springs, aftermarket door panels and seat covers. Grill surround was painted correctly, but left the egg crate portion black. Has a ducted hood, but I believe it was added. Looks like an aftermarket air cleaner. Will know when I look at the bottom of the throttle arm tomorrow if it came with a ducted hood. No solenoid or relay, and appears to have an aftermarket flapper.

The paint is nearly flawless. Very few blemishes, and very minor ones. Sorry if I got some hopes up. I really did not post this thread looking for buyers anyway. Just thought it was a cool project. Will take my camera with me tomorrow and take a few shots.

On a sad note, my friend Greg is in the hospital, hoping to find some pain relief. Hoping we can pick up his spirits soon.