View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 05:06 PM

Well I'm not a pro just a hobbyist in my eyes. You have multiple variables against you right away. The temperature plays a key factor on what materials you purchase. Reducers have a temperature range usually 10 -15 degrees. If the outside temperature is going to vary that much you will have issues. As for the open car port ventilation is very important and not to mention bugs dirt and dust. I would talk to your local auto body supply store and ask them what reducers and paint would they recommend for your situation. I'm here to tell you paint supplies are very expensive and to just practice with them in these conditions would be wasting your money. I'm all for trying things on your own but you will be learning the hard way for sure at a very hefty price. For a very inexpensive base coat, clear and hardeners I bet you will have at least 500.00 in color and clear. When you go with inexpensive base coats usually it takes twice the amount of paint to cover. What you are looking at in the pictures I posted is one of the best clears PPG produces and high end PPG base coat DBC. For clear and base coat for this car it cost just shy of 2300 dollars. That's my cost with a discount. Retail its just shy of 3K.

With all that being said and your still willing to go this route have at it. There's no better job satisfaction than doing it yourself. The question you need to ask your self is what are my expectations of the final result.