View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 03:10 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 69 BERGER double copo value compared to yenko

I agree with the preceding comment. Both cars are ultra rare, made at the same factory with the same COPO drivetrain and suspension parts, and in equal condition, with original born with parts, and equal documentation it may be a matter of preference.
Considerations - Yenko cars have the advantage of a vin# list to identify their cars where a Berger car needs to have factory or dealer paper, or other qualified identification. But there are a lot fewer Berger cars, 40 ( plus 1 single COPO car ) compared to 201 or whatever the latest # is agreed upon.
Just had lunch and a long conversation with Dale Berger, who with Mike Wauwee, ordered all 40 cars. He wanted his cars to stand out, so they all have styled trim group ( X11 ), many have endura bumpers, vinyl tops, and he ordered @ 6 RS cars as well. Dale and Don Yenko had two two common ideas, no black cars, and all cars came with Sports Car Conversion.Also, Dale's second order were 5C and d cars and all had the 7,000 tach and the center fuel gauge. Dale also ordered cars in all colors, compared to only 6 at Yenko

If there is a 2:1 value difference between cars, and a Yenko brings $300K, please send me a truck load of Berger cars at $150K !!

Full disclosure : This opinion comes from the original owner of a Berger car, but I love them all. It's fun to park my white car next to Larry Christensen's original unrestored Yenko car, and discuss what Dale and Don were thinking when they ordered these cars. Well dressed sleeper compared to " I'm a Yenko car".