View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 06:39 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1969 Camaro RS/SS Azure Turquoise

Thanks for all the kind words!! Grand Forks had an Air Force Base (still does, I think) back then. That's probably how my car got there. Its possible a soldier brought it from out West to Grand Forks?? I was pretty surprised that the floors, trunk, frame rails, drop offs were not rusty at all. It got more rust from sitting after I had than anything else. So I had this feeling it was from out west. I guess my paper trail died at about 1976 and I cant get ahold of that guy at all.
Actually my paperwork said it was Reno, Nebraska. There is no Reno Nebraska (I did check).
I never got to meet the guy I bought it from, but I did find him and his phone number. I called him last year and his wife answered. She was so rude and basically told me not to call back. I found the other guy he bought it from on Facebook and have left messages for him but no answers. Kind of disappointed and left a bad taste in my mouth. I thought the guy would be excited to hear about his old car, but the lady was very defensive and short. Oh well. I also thought about mailing him pictures and a letter asking him if wanted to call me he could.
1984 Camaro z/28 zz4 conversion
1987 Monte Carlo SS original owner