View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 12:32 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

Moving right along, what with all these birthday distractions and what not, we move into my favorite part of work when I was a kid: BRAKE TIME! Yes they are spelled differently, but the result is the same.....stuff stops! So what we see here is Ford's way of letting you know that not only can they screw up power steering, but brakes are also thrown into the "intern designed" group.
What goes on the inner fender below the master cylinder is a complex assortment of tubes, with no less than nine attachment points. What doesn't go here is your hand with a wrench when it leaks. After the 790lb 3ft wide Bigblock gets wedged in here.... along with a power brake booster the size of a cantaloupe.... there's no room for nothing! So brake bleeding comes first to ensure no leaks.

And since we're into all things messy, it's SMOG time too! Here's the complete system ready to go. Despite its complex looks, it's really not that complicated to install. The pump goes on and the rest goes...... well..... all that stuff attaches to the pump!

Since I'm gutting the pump and rendering the system useless, the heads are already blocked yet I need to mount the tubes. So how's that going to work? Simple. Cut the tubes and weld them to the plugs! Add a little Ford corporate blue paint and nobody knows the difference....but I ran out of paint so the touch up has to wait. Always something

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

Last edited by A12pilot; 03-09-2018 at 12:38 PM.