View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 11:55 PM

Default Re: RogerD's 1969 Dick Harrell Chevelle

As far as warranty work back then, you could take your car to whatever GM dealer you wanted. Back in '68 I had a Ram Air I Firebird. When brand new at London Motor Products, London, Ontario, the engine was balanced and blueprinted. The heads were cut to minimum CCs. The Royal Pontiac Bobcat kit was added along with polylok nuts, and headers. The rear rims were widened to 8" and the biggest MTs available were added. The Pontiac dealers in Oshawa and Peterborough, Ontario did warranty work with no questions asked. I would imagine that the same GM rules would have applied to Roger's car. Our COPO car had headers and fat tires, Hurst shifter, yet warranty work was never a problem. Roger, stick your ground. You have hidden nothing. You have the paperwork to back up what you say and what others think is irrelevant. I have not once seen where you claimed anything more than what the paperwork shows. Enjoy the car and ignore them. Party poopers.
RogerD (10-22-2017)