View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 12:47 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,492 Times in 1,247 Posts

Appreciate the comments -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern B View Post
I have a friend I graduated high school with and he started with Chevy at the Flint engine plant on his 18th birthday. He later transferred to Buick City in Flint and recently celebrated his 52nd year with GM.
My dad hired in at the Flint Engine plant in about 1955. He made it 89 days before he got laid off (you became a permanent employee after 90 days). He then hired in at Chevy Flint Manufacturing, got an apprenticeship, and finished out 32 years there.

I have a family friend that worked and retired from the V8 plant, named Denny Kloha. He likes to say "I've built more engines than you have even seen!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergy View Post
Great video - thanks for posting it Keith. I transferred to Chev R&D in 1976, so I just missed Paul's tenure.
I started at Chevrolet Flint Assembly in June of '79; I was still a couple months shy of my 18th birthday. Moved into Engineering in 1986. The day I started in Engineering was the day they split the truck team into the new GMT400 group and the carryover C/K/R/V group.

I had no idea what was happening. My only thought was "PLEASE don't send me back to the assembly plant!"

K
'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph best

Last edited by Keith Seymore; 04-12-2018 at 12:54 PM.