View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 03:39 AM

Default Re: 1st Mustang Cobra ever built.....with 'test pa

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iluv69s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SVT certs?? heck if I know.....but apparently it is the correct VIN as being the number 1 car......the first built...I have not seen the owner at my buddy's shop this year...but, when I talked to him a whie ago. he seemed to know about these things. I guess the VIN's are published..or available?? I will stop by there tomorrow if I have time and take some pics.

I hope it is the first Cobra because this guy is really going crazy restoring this car..he has bought many NOS parts for the car....I cannot imagine how much he will have invested in this car when it is done....and what it is actually worth. </div></div>

The first three pilot cars are known to have been destroyed. I think the earliest known pilot in private hands is #8, which may be this car. I don't think the #1 production car is in the registry, but I haven't looked for a while.

Ultra low mile 93's with bulletproof paper and owner history have gotten close to $50,000. If this is the #8 pilot car, I'm sure it would bring more.

Unfortunately, docs are important because fakes have already started to show up.