View Single Post
Old 11-27-2002, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Super Stock SS/C SS/D vintage racer

Yes, you all are right and I thank you for all the comments and hospitality.

On the trip back from picking the car up, we had my son with us and of course we had to stop at every rest stop on the road. We actually turned the reactions of others into a road side game, with all of the thumbs-up, comments and touches to the car. Believe me there were a lot of touches to the paint, wild.

I am still doing a lot of research on the car, everyone so far that owned this camaro has a history with it. There is talk that this car was a COPO and some say it was a 396/375 and one even said aluminum block. All I know right now that it was a big block car with a four speed. I know it was not a ZL-1 car but it may of been a transplant. I am waiting to hear back from someone who knows.

Somewhere near an old defunct race track, (Huskers?), there is a resturant that has a wall of fame with a picture(s) of this car in 1970 wearing all out race garb.

Now I noticed if you look at the car under flouresent lights you can see where all of the original stickers were, and it you listen real harder you can hear the tires bark from the 3 - 4 shift as it launched down the track.

Rich
Attached Images

1969 Mac's Chevrolet NHRA Super Stock Vintage 427 Camaro
The Following User Says Thank You to Yellow 69 z28 For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (12-29-2023)