View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 09:07 PM

Okay, update time. Still no new tires (Camaro's been the focus this year for the most part), nor did we ever actually get the wheels coated (we had them blasted, then we primed then, and then they just sat.) We painted them today (and it's looking like we'll have to do the rears next to make them match), and I finally got a battery for it, since I'm tired of swapping the one we have between it and the Camaro.

I washed it (I know, bad for it, but I tried the detail spray, it didn't do much. It needed a wash. Plus, with no vinyl top, I'm not too worried.)

We also redid the ground for the positive cable (it was frayed on the end, and we shortened it a bit, since it was too long), and moved the return spring on the throttle (I'd had it on the valve cover bolt since that was the only way I could keep it running before the tuneup). It's now under a bolt for the upper radiator hose (where it goes into the intake).

I also removed the exhaust tips. They looked good on it, but were still rusty, and the screws just stuck out too far. It's probably placebo, but I think it has more 'lope' to it now.

'68 Camaro SS (454/TH400, possible L78/M22) LeMans Blue, black deluxe interior, black vinyl top. 3.73- mostly Day 2.
'89 Mustang GT- 3.55, subframe connectors, muffler delete, and a couple other minor mods. Exactly as he wanted it, so how it shall stay

Also:
1995 Ford F-150 XL
2004 Dodge Ram Hemi GTX- #192 of 433

Ain't no fun in viewing your car as an 'investment'. Get out there and beat on it!

Last edited by JRC99; 07-23-2017 at 09:21 PM.