View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 04:16 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1969Chevelle View Post
A little more metal work.

This piece has more bends than straights, I was terrified to cut it out but WTH:-)

The piece I cut and bent so far I think will be a template to make one slightly larger and slightly more accurate. Also the support is removed below so I can access both sides to dress it up before welding the support back on the bottom:-)

Sam Grewal dropped off my original master cylinder and water pump at John Stuarts for a stainless sleeve and rebuild on the MS, and a rebuild of the WP, they are ready but I have to get to Stoney Creek to pick up some day soon....

My engine is completed and I have made arrangements with F.J. Smith to run it in on his Super Flo Dyno and tune it. This is a special item to me as FJ is a bit of an Ontario Oldsmobile Drag Race Legend. The engine builder will be part of the dyno day which makes me feel a better.

I have to restore some more small parts for the outside of the engine such as pulleys, alt brackets, etc to be ready for the dyno.
A good portion are ready: Carb, Ignition, spark plugs, WIX oil filters, Brad Penn break in oil, Brad Penn oil,
I have had a few items delivered to my good friend oleredalert date code spark plug wires, wire retainers, fan belt, carb return spring, etc.

I will drive this car, no ifs ands or buts!! (One butt in the drivers seat)

Ryan
We did a dyno test at FJ about 6 weeks ago, phone call unscheduled showed up and he accommodated. So professional, all business. He was impressed by the numbers and how prepared we were. Good luck with your pull