Thread: Zl=1 #6
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 03:25 AM

Thanked 1,382 Times in 671 Posts
Default Zl=1 #6

Just read this post from 2012 on Hotrodders.com regarding ZL-1 #6. No idea if this is a known car, known event or whatever, but I thought I'd share since I would imagine someone on here tracks this kind of information.

Posted by someone called Mouse Fink:
Interesting note:
The Chevrolet dealership where I purchased the 327 FI short block was one of the few dealerships that received 1 of 69 COPO ZL1 Camaros in 1969. It was #6 COPO Camaro originally ordered by Fred Gibb Chevrolet in LaHarpe, IL. I was a friend of the dealership owner and he let me drive #6 COPO Camaro around town for an hour and to a coffee shop with a salesman. The #6 COPO Camaro was Cortez Silver and had an all aluminum ZL1 427 CI engine with a TH400 transmission. After a week of negotiations, the #6 COPO ZL1 Camaro was purchased off the showroom floor by Jim Hall from Odessa Texas and was prepared for the 1970 Trans-Am Series. After driving #6 COPO Camaro in the 1970 Trans Am Series, Hall scrapped the car. The 1970 Trans Am Series were Jim Hall's last racing events. I must be the only person that knows what happened to that car.
John 10:30
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...