View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sYc View Post
That was me (Tom) in the Yellow sub.

If you are talking about the video where I deep staged (turned off the top bulb), I had not raced the Yellow sub in years, and I am used to a tranny brake rather then foot braking. When it moved I was surprised I did not turn on the red bulb.

If talking about the ETs, the first pass I simply messed up by not realizing the sub has three forward speeds versus two in the Deuce, which I normally race.

The second pass, which was a solo pass and not on here, I ran a 12.472 @ 112.87, and would have been 2-3 tenths quicker, but for some reason the sub was slow getting into second. I thought maybe I had just stayed in second too long, but during the next pass it would not engage second at all.

Don’t know if it is the shifter (’70s vintage) or something in the trans.

When we get the shifter/trans sorted out I think Rob can get it back into the 11s.
I noticed in that last video ("cwc vs. sYc" 14.6 @ 77 that didn't show up in the post quote for some reason) that it looked like the car nosed over shortly after the launch, then I saw smoke in the lights--was just hoping it didn't wound itself.