View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 12:31 PM

I will post some pictures in a couple of days. I've been beating myself up the last couple days trying to work around these headers. Who would think one little change in the engine bay by adding aftermarket heads would create so many problems. From brake lines, alternator and power steering brackets to the clutch return spring. I have the brake lines all made and test fit. I ordered the power brake booster and that showed up damaged. We just can't win. I had to get creative with the clutch return spring. I made two brackets and both failed. Just no room for the clutch return spring or a bracket. I kept walking away from the problem and then the third attempt was the best and simplest design. I think it will work. I'm currently installing the sound deadener and rug in-between working on the engine bay. You would think final assembly would be bolt on and go, but that isn't always the case. These pictures are during mock up I will be painting the bracket and starter. Oh YA and I still need to come up with a way to get the wires to the starter, as the header tube is in the way where the original wire channel was run. That's going to be another fun challenge. I guess that's why its called hot rodding.
Attached Images