View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 09:53 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m22mike View Post
I now must admit my first thoughts, on Grady parting with his Ammon R Smith all OE drivetrain, paper, and OE paint 69 L78 Nova, were wrong.
Here are a few shots of that car from the SLS #4 I think. At that time Chick came to see his old car for the first time in many years, and meet Grady and share some of the original paperwork. Thanks goes to Skip for setting it up.
And then at another SLS event Skip drives up with the then &quot;Brown Turd&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img] , and the rest is history.
I think you may see from these shots why I first was not as excited about it as Grady was. But what a great story for the Nova to go back to Chick Renn the original owner and his family, I know they were all on board with the car coming home.

It was great to do another car with Grady, he does what it takes to do a great car, as seen with all the period correct Day 2 parts used on this build. They Day 2 stuff always creats a few problems along the way, which I reminded Grady about as each new one popped up. I think my exact words were , &quot;Hay Grady it's Day 2&quot; deal with it... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]
Grady was a hugh help on getting this car done in time for the show. He worked allot on all the day 2 installtions. We only started the first of January, I won't do that again. But we both agreed it was doable. And it sure paid off, was way more fun that doing anothe cookie cutter COPO.
I got a little testy a few times but grady already knows I am a PITA [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks Grady, you ready for another one ? Can't let Tibor show us up...to much. And that Dave guy down in Texas.....Gheeez.

Mike
Gee, somehow I missed this when it was first posted but thanks Mike. Yes, when I saw the car in 2012 at Carlisle (pics shown) that was the first I had seen it in 29 years.
Grady's day two is without a doubt the best one I've ever laid eyes on. Great job Mike and Grady!
Few Corvettes
Our 68 Z/28 Build thread- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584