View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Nickey Camaro of 68

Wow ! I did not expect such a response, but YES I have a couple of pictures, one taken at the US30 drag strip in Illinois in 1968. This car held the "C Stock" world record of 10.43 / 123mph for about 2 weeks (until Grumpy unleashed his Toys, one of which ran Factory stock for about 2 months. He trimmed the record to the low 10s) I crewed for the STP Cougar "Funny Car" in 67-68 when Maynard Rupp drove it. Employed by Holley was a great key to hot rods, cause I could "flow test" carbs for technical knowledge. I onec had a '66 corvette with a Jim Hall all alloy engine given to me for "favors" that probably had an honest 600HP. I will post the pictures of the Nickey and I will plead for mercy from my EX to allow me to retreive my "hot rod" stuff from her family's storage - like more pictures, and two motors complete. A 1967 (still in crate) 302 w/ original cross ram and my son's motor for his Camaro, a factory fresh LS7.
By the way, Stefano, I was not given too many "options" with my Nickey, but I did get a radio, 12 bolf rear / 3:70 gear, Hooker headers, M22 trans, Black cloth interior, 70 series Red Line Wide ovals, and of course the famous "Stinger Hood" minus the nose point - I think only Balwin had the true Stinger.