View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 02:27 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts
Default Re: 1969 Charger RT Resto

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A12pilot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 442w30</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since 8 3/4 rear is original I'm thinking it would have to be an automatic. </div></div>

Additionally, no AC with 4-speeds. </div></div>

A little bit of a myth on that one. Several examples of A/C cars with 4spds [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img] Several in the 69 Charger Registry, and my good friend owns a 69 Bee, 383-4spd car with factory A/C.

If what you meant was no R/Ts with A/C and a 4spd, then yes since all R/Ts came with 440s. But then again, I think there is a Y39 special order car that came with it. But as a rule, no 440-4spd cars, just 383-4spd cars. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] Welcome to Mopars and all the crazy crap associated with them!!

Cheers

Dave </div></div>

You could get a 1970 Charger R/T with a 440, 4-speed and A/C, as well as a U-code 440 Cuda or Challenger R/T.