View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 12:42 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts
Default Re: 1969 Charger RT Resto

No, you didn't make it clear with the statement &quot; no AC with 4 speeds&quot;. At least that's not how interpreted it. See, my brain can't process implied thoughts. I can't think that deep! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img] Now, if you said &quot;no A/C with Charger R/Ts with 4 speeds&quot;. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img] then my pea brain would have understood Big difference! My misunderstanding, sorry about that.

But that chart isn't correct you posted either. Plenty of 383-2bbl Chargers out there with AC. I owned one. Here's the tag.....
69...383-2bbl, G-Code. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]
Unless that means 383-2bbl 4 SPD cars, and in that case, I haven't come across any 383-2bbl 4spd cars, much less ones with A/C. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img] And I believe the reason for that, no 383-2bbl 4spd cars that is, is that the 2bbl exhaust manifolds do not clear the Z-Bar for the clutch linkage. I know this because I converted that car to a 4spd and had to add HP exhaust manifolds. That 2bbl log dumped right where the Z-Bar mounted.

Cheers [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]

Dave