View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Yenko Stripe help please

The other issue is how far back from the door jam the wide part of the side stripe should start. As Brian noted on the hood stripe, the side stripes were all over the board, too....everywhere from 1" or so to 8-9". I settled on 4 1/2" on my clone.

Also, In my unscientific research (comparing cars at SCR) I found the front of the side stripe to generally start about 1" back from the rear of the side marker, but in the pic Joe posted, it starts farther back.

In my observation, the top of the side stripe was almost always just below the door key escutcheon. (touching or almost touching)

While I'm on it, there were also several ways the side stripe terminated on the top of the quarter. Some folded over about 1/4" and were kind of creased on top, but most stopped just short of the top crease. Some were cut straight, but most I observed followed the contour of the quarter crease, anywhere from even to 1/4" below the crease.
When I made my observations, I paid particular attention to the two or three unrestored examples, but I also noted SCW's placement on their restorations, as Brian and Joe are very particular about these details.

When Brian saw me measuring certain things, he volunteered some normaltive practices he had deduced from his extensive observations.