View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 05:04 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

After a few months to really think about things and maul over options for the cars interior, I have decided to semi restore an all original interior consisting of nice clean parts for the stock 711 interior. I scored a decent set of original seats with some cherry kick panels from a Scott in PA, while Jeff Boone then hooked me up with a beautifully restored deluxe wheel and a really nice survivor console w/ gauges. Ed Montini was kind enough to supply me with a really nice set of original door panels where I now have all the right pieces to do a complete survivor style interior with the cars factory option list being focused on.

My upholsterer friend Graham Cannon gets all the parts this week and will clean and re-dye the original door panels while repairing one tear in the side bolster of the original drivers bucket using some original factory material. The original covers will then be thoroughly cleaned and the seat frames restored with new springs and foams before the original covers go back onto the restored frames. The console needs nothing more than a simple cleaning along with the door pulls and the original kick panels. The original gauges from this car are super clean and I'll spend a little time detailing the dash carrier before it all goes back into the car with an NOS clock. The Lakewood roll bar will not be used at this time but I may consider adding it at a later date.

Here are the pieces before they are all cleaned, detailed and preserved for use in the Z. I have some nice original wind lace pieces coming for the door pillars and also scored a real nice set of correct April dated angled head rests which will be utilized with these original buckets. Should turn out real nice after everything is completely cleaned and detailed. A few pics before the parts are all tended to.

Nice set of original black door pulls

Nice set of seats which will be repaired, re-stuffed, thoroughly cleaned and detailed. Head rest on the seats are mismatched and are coming off

Original console and carrier about to be gently cleaned and detailed

Rebuilt heater controls and original carrier to be detailed

Rebuilt tilt steering column and minty deluxe steering wheel

Nice set of original black kick panels which will clean up nicely

Great set of original door panels which will be repaired, glued along the edges, cleaned, dyed and well detailed

When it's all complete in a couple weeks from now, these parts will be ready for use in the car and should give a real nice survivor feel to the inside. A new headliner was already installed and new loop carpet will go in with original jute padding. Hoping to nail a nice clean 2/3 year old survivor look to the interior with very few repro parts involved.

Last edited by NorCam; 06-28-2018 at 02:01 AM.