View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 11:00 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

Back on the Stang after a break for Bee finalization! I left off with fixing the rear window filler panel, and since then I've completed all the metal work. Another round of epoxy since this has sat so long without being topcoated, and I had combined red and gray epoxy to make the highly coveted "pink" epoxy that we all strive to achieve! . But hey, it was just to cover the floors up after laying down more seam sealer, underside of the roof, and a few other interior panels. Straight Red Oxide all in the trunk.

Disassembled the doors, fenders, and blasted the hinges. Reinstalled those so I'd be sure and goof up that perfect factory alignment. Much like the Bee, this is a 50k mile car that spent most of it's life with the doors shut. And much like the Bee, I didn't need to rebuild the hinges. I couldn't believe it either, but they're tight as a Senior Airline Captain's wallet at the bar!

After I got it all primed with DPS3055, I reassembled for easy blocking. Doors, decklid, rear valance, and quarter panel endcaps get painted on the car. The whole front end parts do not. But for ease of blocking them out, it's better assembled. Later this week I'll get the valances primed up and the hood mounted. The engine bay is going to take a few rounds of sanding first. Amazing how many factory runs are in there! I did find three factory markings I'll replicate: a white "C" on the outside of the battery tray area (above the primer, under the undercoating), a yellow "X" on the drivers side outer core support under the black paint, and a white "610" on the lower radiator crossmember on top of the black paint. So freakin ' coooool!

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

Last edited by A12pilot; 10-14-2017 at 11:03 AM.