View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 01:11 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,411 Times in 761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12pilot View Post
What's the consensus as to why, Steve? Any reply from them other than "Dear Enthusiast..."

Cheers
Dave
The PR side of Dodge doesn't seem to be speaking to the engineering side is probably what it boils down to.

I had some entertaining emails with the CEO last summer when I sent a nice email thanking them for building my 2022 so quickly and casually asking why it was missing the specific Hellcat owners manual. We traded several emails about our old Mopars over the years and current ones we both owned. He had no idea the printing company failed to deliver the manuals in the owners packet and he started a campaign to have one sent to every purchaser. A similar example of a prior problem that no one at the top knew was occurring.

I am awaiting an actual response from him but the immediate "updating" of the Dodge website shows he started the ball rolling.

In my email I jokingly said I was having flashbacks of the 1999 Mustang Cobra debacle Ford had to deal with when they sold the Cobra with a specifc 320 HP rating and all the purchasers wondered why it was a half second slower than the previous version, and dyno testing showed it was down by 50 horsepower under their advertised rating. Ford was forced to recall 5,300 Cobras to replace the intake manifold and exhaust system on every one to get back to the advertised rating. That must have cost them well into the 8-figures to do between the parts, service costs and legal expenses.

I guess the real interesting issue is that there are 31 of these cars already built and delivered (or on their way) and those buyers relied on the "807" advertising for their purchase decision. I wonder how that will shake out? Oh, and I almost forgot, Dodge keeps updating the allocation for all the special Jailbreak models and keeps adding more and more units to the list. There are 31 narrowbody Redeye Jailbreaks built as of this morning and the website just popped up another 26 allocations as being available. So who knows how many they will actually make, which dilutes the rarity even further. https://www.dodgegarage.com/horsepower-locator

So in the end I am happy to stick with my 1 of 10 Red-on-Red-Redeyes. And the wife is REALLY happy since she loves this color....

....hmmmm this makes me wonder if this whole conflagration is some elaborate conspiracy by the wife to keep me from buying a purple version????

This may explain why she has been telling me to refer to her as the CEO of our house.

Last edited by njsteve; 02-03-2023 at 06:12 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post:
dustinm (02-03-2023), olredalert (02-03-2023)