View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 08:31 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkX66 View Post
Just for clarification.... I'm not questioning his reputation. I'm questioning the rear end. An honest man can be mistaken or mislead by others telling them what's real and what's "Memorex." When there is as much money involved as what he's asking and is obviously a re-stamp (legit or not), he better be ready for the vetting that should come with it.

I'm not saying that I would bet on Matt's reputation either. I'm sure he is not going by 'someone's Memorex'. I'd bet on the fact that he knows parts better than 99.999% of us !! Also he knows the situation when he bought the rear also.

I've bought many shop meet parts and have a real good idea if the guys story is BS or not. Sometimes you just know. ABout 10 years ago,I bought a BE rear at a swap meet for regular 12 bolt price. It was just a Camaro 4:10 12 bolt posi according to the seller. I'm no expert on these rears, (especially back then). But the fact that he sold the rear so cheap proved to me that there was no reason to restamp the rear.

I'll be the first to say that anything is possible, I remember when I bought a rear for my ZL-1, I found out that some COPO's have rears actually dated after the cowl date of the cars.

Unfortunately, there are known 'supposedly legit' cars, motors/trans/rears and stamps etc. that are actually excellent fakes. And legit stamps that are considered fake.

Unfortunately, this may be one of them parts that because it does not meet the 'norm', will never be accepted by the majority as legit. whether it is or not.

Last edited by iluv69s; 04-20-2017 at 08:40 PM.