View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 09:30 AM

Thanked 1,653 Times in 486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Not so fast there. The Yenko records consist of small, hand-written VINs scrawled on old accounting ledgers. Hard to read and often mis-interpreted. Back in the day there were 3 separate '69 Yenko Camaro lists that did not match. One of the cars on all three lists is a cut up drag car with a body tag that does not fit with other known Yenkos in the time frame.
The Yenko records consist of more then "small, hand-written VINs scrawled on old accounting ledgers" although there are those.

The Yenko records were in boxes stored in the second floor of the old Canonsburg building and have items from Chevy, GMAC, Car Shippers, Yenko Dealer carbon copies and other Yenko papers.
Some cars have paperwork with the vin shown multiple times others do not.

That is an interesting subject but is irrelevant to my point. What I am saying on the 201 number is that the person who came out with the 201 number changed his number to 198. (in the 1980's)

So why do people still use the 201 number? The 198 number may not be correct either but that was the corrected number from the guy who put out the 201 number.

The 201 number has no basis. People should probably just say "about 200 built" as there are some questions on the 198 number. I just think its funny how the 201 number was a mistake that was corrected 30 years ago but is still used.

201 is the number used for 1965 Z16 Chevelle production