View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 11:11 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I agree with Stefano regarding positively documenting W-30 models, but I’ll go a few steps farther and include Ram Rods, W-31s, and W-32s. With the advent of “miraculously found original” (bogus) docs these days, it is paramount to have a qualified marque expert with an unbiased connection to the buyer or seller inspect not only the automobile, but any and all associated supporting documentation/pedigree. The hobby (passion for me) has changed by leaps and bounds, and sadly, not all in a positive direction. The internet has exposed fraudulent cars, sellers, and drivetrain stamps, but it has also educated those less than scrupulous souls who weave the web of deception. Now, with Oldsmobiles commanding top dollar, some new blood has been infused to our faithful group that tended to help each other with the Lansing Hot Rods. Cars that were thought to have faded into the sunset, or never existed at all are appearing out of thin air with high-point restorations and “alleged” newly discovered paperwork.

Last edited by DW31S; 12-08-2017 at 11:21 PM.