Thread: ZL-1 Camaro
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: ZL-1 Camaro

[ QUOTE ]
Where did this Manitoba car come from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Steve L. After reading the added posts in this thread and realizing I may have spoken out of cheek, I have spoken with the owner of the car in question and as no surprise to you, I was incorrect as to the cars origin.

Last time I was at his home he showed me through a few of his cars and I mixed up the origins of two Camaros he owns. His yellow Copo car is from Canada, while the ZL1 (Dusk Blue) originates from the US. I was also off on the ownership as he reports he is the fourth and not the second as I had mistakingly posted.

I was correct that the car had the Non OE motor in it but he informs me that the engine is a warranty piece replaced early in the cars life. He has toyed with the idea of selling it a couple times in recent years and I have tried to secure first right but to no avail. Thats likely because he will never sell it.

I spoke to him on Sunday Morning and told him of Jim Stubbings car being for sale at such a price, and he didn't seem too surprised by the amount being asked for. I will have to hound him when I see him at Christmas as I have always wanted a ZL1, but cannot afford the 1.2M on eBay.

Steve, how are you making out with that Big Fat Chevy you bought. Have you got any paint on it yet? Triple Black out of Illinois isn't it?

Tom
PeteLeathersac (12-27-2020)