Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: THE LAST??? 1967 Z-28

Hey Jonesy...I'll explain...but, believe me I am no expert at all...so Please correct me if I am wrong..

I can't seem to find the book, but I remember reading that the Shoulder harness option was only put in 400 plus cars...which makes it rarer than the Z option itself...

apparently, there are atleast 2 known (that I have heard of)67 Z-28's with VIN numbers after this car, but both are 07B cowl tag dates..(not sure about this other car that has been mentioned here as far as the cowl tag date)...so I am just guessing that there must have been some reason for my car to sit on the assembly line while other cars passed by...I'm not really sure of the order of the VIN tag, cowl tag installation and all that..

so therefore I was thinking that perhaps GM only made a very handful of the shoulder harnesses for the model year..and they were searching for parts at the end...or maybe with so few made, they just did not work on the car for a few days waiting for the shoulder belts to arrive..which would have pushed it into the next week for the trim tag..???

But, now that I think of it...it probably got the trim tag first before the belts...right?? Is that How the workers knew what to put on???

Like I said..its just a theory...I'd like to know what others think...Any better ideas????

I believe the deluxe shoulder belts were super rare also...I guess your cowl date is in line with your VIN on your car?? Or is it a little late?? Your car sounds sweeeetttt!!!! What color??

Thanks, max...