Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 04-02-2014, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Motion Nova ???????

(Bergy you say something about the car not being new in Jan. 1969) The car came into Wallace 1st week July then after Fredy got the car and got around to getting ready to have enough money to have Motion do Phase III on the car most likely could of been Oct.-Nov. then after not liking what they did to get it resolved and have it taken to Body shop to correct the issues the car would of been kept in the garage like as new when he bought it just as fresh a car by time it went there most likely. Talked to couple people who worked at Motion past couple days and that car is stuck in their minds they say because of the unusual color that 1968 was with the Green paint, light vinyl top and gold interior that was couple different shades of gold. The one worker Buddy Gromis said most likely he was the one that welded the Hurst shifter to have it fit the console right and put the one bolt in the tow tabs then welded them to the frame rails below the bumper in the front. I talked to him yesterday afternoon.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

wow most painters(by trade) i knew back in the day especially sniffin all those fumes could,nt remember there name by the end of the week.. After 45 yrs since he did the job and gotta be 70 yrs old he still remembers the car???(he must have gotten lucky in the back seat or something?)
Old 04-03-2014, 01:03 AM

Anybody have any updates on how Dan is doing?
Old 04-03-2014, 02:03 AM

I've talked to Barry on occasion and he seems like a straight up guy and I certainly mean no disrespect saying this but to be honest these letters seem suspicious to me. I find it almost impossible that all 3 people from different walks of life all MISSPELLED DISK BRAKES WITH A K and that a guy would remember things like correct paint names and vin numbers after 30 years but I guess never say never. I hope this car does prove to be what it supposedly said to be but I don't think these letters are helping the cause. They all seem to be coerced to say the least. All this talk about 427 towers and the term copo was never even used back in the day. I live right next to Cornwall Heights and I don't ever remember see that car race and I was THERE at all the street races back in the day. Again that don't mean it wasn't there. I'm just saying I don't remember such a rare car. I hope people aren't just trying to help Barry validate the car because I don't think they are helping at all. JMHO
Old 04-03-2014, 10:38 AM

Picture of door jam with the yellow brush marks still on the original green paint and tags off the front heavy duty springs. Tow tabs on the frame of the car one bolt welded on. I can let anyone look at the letters that came in the mail from the different people folded in the different envelopes notarized they in my safe nothing phony about them.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:33 AM

Those tow tabs to me seem to be NMW TB-24 ( 55-56 Chevy) adapted to a Nova.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:59 PM

If Ronald Cook wrote that letter and sent it from croydon pa which is right down the street from me by the way then why is it notorized up in NY?? Why is the woman's signature shaky just like yours is? I can tell you that PA notary uses a stamp that presses the paper and is NOT a ink stamp with no signature. Also why does all the letters seem to have the SAME horrible hand writing addressing them to you. None of these guys have decent hand writing????. One guy can spell Seqoiua Green but can't spell disc brakes. Another guy remembers the vin number after 30 years and another guy remembers sanding down the paint and finding motion stripes. Everybody that owned it seems to know how rare of a car it was but NOT one took care of it and let it get into the horrible shape it's in.I can tell you most guys my age down here in Philly didn't even know what motion stripes looked like at that time. Hell, there was a couple copo chevelle and camaro running around and we did not call them copos.so I can't see why that guy would know all the correct terminology..I'm going to contact Ronald this weekend and talk to him in person to pick his brain about this car.I am removing myself from this conversation after this and I hope this does not turn out to be fake. But these letters to Me seem very suspicious. Something is not right here. I think your going to need better documents to change this car from a 7000 dollar car to a 100+ car to be honest.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:55 PM

Thanked 1,165 Times in 338 Posts

Barry - please don't feel like people are against you or against your car. This site is a great place to get feedback. I've run this gauntlet on a couple of occasions with cars in my collection, and afterward I've been a lot more knowledgeable for having stuck with the process. IMO - there's nothing wrong with interviewing people who have historical information about your car and writing down the details of the conversation yourself in letter form for their notarized signature. I do this myself and always tell the individual to make any corrections necessary (initial and date the corrections) before having it notarized. FYI, I've never gotten a notarized letter back that hasn't had a few corrections/modifications. Notably, Bob Shaffer (Ewing Chevrolet High Performance Manager in '69 model year)certified the options that he ordered on one of my COPOs and added many great comments & details.
It looks like a lot of folks believe in your car. Also a lot of skeptics. For the car's sake - just keep going back through all of the comments and honestly ask yourself if you've adequately addressed the concerns. Just my 2 cents!
Old 04-03-2014, 04:06 PM

Both Dan Maglio and Ollie Jensen who wrote those letters to me are older than me if you want to know about shaky hand writing.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:13 PM

They may be old but look like they have amazing memories. Amazing!