Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 08-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,298 Times in 1,365 Posts
Default Re: 2010 Yenko/SC Camaro

Lets refocus this thread on its original intent, the car itself. What unique features, availability and pricing. Possibly a member has an idea for an option. If you are not interested that's fine but this threads intent was to enlighten those that may be interested in finding out more about the proposed 5th generation Yenko.

FWIW I am not in anyway involved in this project, but find the negativity of some of the post disturbing.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 08-29-2009, 07:48 PM

Mark, You know what I have been thru with my car!! Hell my car is real!!! I don't get where your coming from.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:11 PM

A portion of profits should go to the family for name sake. Also, what about all the yenko items? They should own the trademark. 2 cent, cousin of 50 cent.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:38 PM

I don't think Shelby can die I think he will just keep installing reproduction body parts and live forever. He is already the longest living heart transplant survivor in history. His new CEO Amy Boylan hired an expert and cleaned up all his trade mark and trade name issue's. Those rights will pass to his assigns and there will be no problems if Ole Shel ever passes.

In regard to the 2010 Yenko it sounds to me like a great idea and will be a great tribute to Yenko and introduce a lot of young people to the original cars and their legacy.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

[ QUOTE ]
A portion of profits should go to the family for name sake. Also, what about all the yenko items? They should own the trademark. 2 cent, cousin of 50 cent.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sYc would like nothing better then to see a portion of any item sold that is related to Yenko built/sold cars, past and present, go to family members and/or a charity of their choice.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mark, You know what I have been thru with my car!! Hell my car is real!!! I don't get where your coming from.

[/ QUOTE ]
Kim I know you had trouble with your car but it was a REAL car not some made up sticker/mod package from a dealership that no longer exists. If someone has a 69 Yenko and wants to buy a 2010 and make it look like the other car then they have that right, but to build a new car and use an old name is like reinventing the wheel. Im just saying that you could build a kickasss car with all new performance & technology and give it its own identity. Lets get back to INOVATION AND NEW IDEAS and make something that no one else has ever thought of and build it dont live in the past and move into the future.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:44 PM

Like I said before, I am all for the new camaro and the go fast mods. I just think a new name and a new future is in order for the camaro. The TC Special sounds good to me! let the all new car have its own identity from the rest! There is enough Yenko cars and stuff out there that no one will ever forget Don's legacy. Time for a new kid on the block and it might be you or Stef, Tom.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Shelby can die I think he will just keep installing reproduction body parts and live forever. He is already the longest living heart transplant survivor in history. His new CEO Amy Boylan hired an expert and cleaned up all his trade mark and trade name issue's. Those rights will pass to his assigns and there will be no problems if Ole Shel ever passes.

In regard to the 2010 Yenko it sounds to me like a great idea and will be a great tribute to Yenko and introduce a lot of young people to the original cars and their legacy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course Shebly won't have any problems....they are a publicly traded company since 2003. (NASDAQ: CSBI) Most don't ever realize he did this 6 years ago.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:24 PM

This whole subject of new Yenkos is really a sensitive subject to a lot of people. Mr. Clary's comparism to Grumpy cars is without merit though because no one is building a fleet of "Grumpy" cars for sale. I DID think that the Indian motorcycle comparism earlier was interesting though. Now that was a company that didn't even exist anymore that was resurrected and the final product looked worthy of the Indian name. Does anybody remember public opinion when that was announced? I think it was excitement by motorcycle enthusiasts and very little negative. This has been done before, and really not very long ago, with Matt Murphy and his fleet of Dick Harrell 2002 Camaros and before that it was his ZL-1's. I thought those were well recieved. On on the other hand, I think we've all heard of Mr. Shelby's disdain and legal action against "Cobra" kit cars. If it was up to him, the only Cobras that would exist would be the ones that he manufactured. Heck, I'm sure that kit car Cobras VASTLY outnumber the real thing. It is a free country so people are allowed to build, buy, and drive whatever they want. If anybody doesn't like it, I guess they don't have to buy it or even acknowledge it at a car show. That's all from my end.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like I said before, I am all for the new camaro and the go fast mods. I just think a new name and a new future is in order for the camaro. The TC Special sounds good to me! let the all new car have its own identity from the rest! There is enough Yenko cars and stuff out there that no one will ever forget Don's legacy. Time for a new kid on the block and it might be you or Stef, Tom.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah what Sammy said!!!