Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 03-29-2009, 06:22 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Real deal 2009 Camaro GM fleet mule

And the Mustang kicks the Challengers ass all day long...BKH
Old 03-29-2009, 06:27 AM

I ain't buyin' any of em, so they're ALL kicking my ass.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:10 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

I had a 2 SS on order and just canceled it over the multiple cosmetic switcheroo's that GM pulled after the initial ordering period had started and my order was placed. Sad that GM is now a company that cannot deliver on the option/ cosmetic content they committed to.

The ass is ugly on the production car because they cut the concept widebody from the final production design but tried to fake the widebody look on the ass end.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:53 PM

Do these look better?? when i first saw them, I wasn't thrilled..but I think it's growing on me ..and a 426HP SS ain't bad.

2010 Camaro SSRS
Old 03-29-2009, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a 2 SS on order and just canceled it over the multiple cosmetic switcheroo's that GM pulled after the initial ordering period had started and my order was placed. Sad that GM is now a company that cannot deliver on the option/ cosmetic content they committed to.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just curious... what otions are you talking about?
2010 Camaro SSRS
Old 03-29-2009, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder where Hylton is these days.... He seems to have the inside scoop on the new Camaro. Perhaps He could jump in here and explain what GM did or did not??? .

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you want me to add? No car will appeal to everyone but I predict that this car will be a hit for GM. It will grow on many. How many other 30k cars out there do 13 flat in the quarter?
Old 03-29-2009, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just curious... what otions are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the boards over at camaro5. Forums are full of complaints. Some I agree with- Some I do not. Fair to say that the issues that many have with the car are too numerous to list here. I agree with Hylton, that the car will not appeal to everyone. What is stunning is that for a car that was supposed to be a tribute to the 1969 seemingly the 1969 faithful are not in line to support the newest rendition and I feel the same way.

IMO...Pretty clear that despite the good intentions of the brand team the entire launch has had emergent cash flow problems related to the overall condition of GM.

On the roll out and the way information was "shared" in advance (of the final production variant) some members of the brand team rolled the dice on releasing pre-production information well prior to the final production decisions being made.

This of course is an ax that cuts both ways, first if you get a boat load of people pre-order a car but then later change the cosmetic or option content you have to expect some people to cancel.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:51 PM

I don't think that the car's styling was influenced by the '69 but it was never intended to be a tribute or retro like the Challenger. It is a well engineered, stylish car he I believe is right for todays performance American car.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And the Mustang kicks the Challengers ass all day long...BKH

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta agree with that. I like the Challengers looks but the size turns me off. Of the three retro cars on the road now the Mustang is head and shoulders above the others.

I love what is in the works for the Nickey Camaro, but I truly wish GM had given them more to work with. The GM design team left a LOT on the table.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that the car's styling was influenced by the '69 but it was never intended to be a tribute or retro like the Challenger. It is a well engineered, stylish car he I believe is right for todays performance American car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hylton,

You are pulling our legs right? According to Ed Welburn the 2010 is "a thoroughly modern interpretation of the 1969 model, considered by many to be the best of car’s first generation,"

Welburn is GM’s global vice president of design, had his 1969 SS photographed alongside a 2010, then there is the SEMA Penskie SCCA tribute "6" blue show car built on a 2010 Camaro platform by GM, the Green "69 SS shown in the Camaro ordering work book... and so on.

You are joking around right??