Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 10-30-2010, 10:15 PM

Default Camaros @ carlisle no more!!

the ACA has given the reins to the MCC maryland camaro club and will no longer be holding the show at carlisle for 2011 so the rumor goes.Too bad some stupid disagreement between ACA and carlisle has resulted in this.Anyone else have any info?
71 SS LS5 chevelle
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 10-31-2010, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Camaros @ carlisle no more!!

I talked with McNeish about this yesterday. The show is moving to a bigger and better location. All of the judging staff will be the same. No changes there. And ACA will still be there and be involved. Sounds like it boiled down the a lot of BS since Lisa left (whoever she is).

The last two years was very bad. The people who did the show floor plan segregated the show moving the main Camaro show field away from the Legends Y building. Many who attended did not even know that Camaro concours judging was going on in Y building.

That's just one of many issues that was passed on to me.

Bob
Old 10-31-2010, 10:44 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

May be referring to Lisa Leathery who ran the events at Carlisle. She left there a few years ago.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:58 PM

Here is the press release from the Maryland Camaro Club -

Hello Fellow Camaro Enthusiasts:

The Maryland Camaro Club would like to welcome all our fellow Camaro owners to the 13th Annual Camaro Nationals June 23 - 25, 2011.

As you are aware the American Camaro Association has chosen not to put on the Nationals and the M.C.C. (which has been the host club for the last 6 years) was asked by the A.C.A. to put on the Nationals. A.C.A. had a signed yearly exclusive agreement with Carlisle Productions which will not be renewed.

The American Camaro Association will serve as advisors and consultants to the Maryland Camaro Club and will be at the 2011 show.

M.C.C. will be presenting the Camaro Nationals at the Frederick Fairgrounds in Frederick, MD. The host hotel will be the Holiday Inn in Frederick about 4 miles from the show field. Frederick is located off I-70 and Route 15. Frederick is located in a very historic area with many National Historic sites easily within reach. Many Civil War Battlefields including Gettysburg as well as Washington D.C. and Baltimore are nearby. More information will be available in the near future.

Everything will be in place just as it has been the previous twelve years. All 51 classes will still be offered from Non-Judged through Concours classes. All the judges that you have known and seen in the past will be there to judge classes in 2011.

Let me reassure you that the only things that have changed are the club presenting the Camaro Nationals and the location. Nothing else will change, which is the number one goal of the show – to be the same show you have all known, enjoyed and attended over the years.

I’m sure many of you have questions and concerns: feel free to contact Bud Scolastico in the evenings at 610-921-3721 or email Bud at [email protected].

We look forward to seeing everyone in June and having another great show.

Best regards,

April Alderson
President of the Maryland Camaro Club
Old 10-31-2010, 11:17 PM

Looks like the GM Nationals will be losing even MORE attendees.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:08 AM

Thanked 4,422 Times in 650 Posts

Camaros took up over half of the show. Won't be very many GM's to look at.

1966 Chevy Caprice 427-390
2012 Chevy Camaro RS Convertible]

Old 11-01-2010, 05:28 AM

From the digging I did, someone who used to run the Super Chevy shows and ran them into the ground was hired by Carlisle and now it appears that he will run this event into the ground.

Carlisle does not appreciate all that ACA brought to the table. And the quality of judges.......cars etc. The best in the country. I know that my engine builder has the worlds fastest stock Z28 certified by NHRA with a world record. He brings that car to this event. Another judge from Colorado has the pace car that paced the 69 Indy race and he brings that car to this event........the staff at Carlisle is not too bright to let the Camaro Nats move its event.

Bob
Old 11-02-2010, 10:30 PM

Too bad disagreements killed this show.I liked carlisle.I will not be going to maryland.Maybe just go to somewhere else next year.The MCC really screwed up my judgeing sheet 2years ago and i never liked them anyway
71 SS LS5 chevelle
Old 11-03-2010, 12:02 AM

Thanked 1,118 Times in 329 Posts

I hate to see the ACA move to MD - mostly because I'm so close to Carlisle. I'll go to MD though - the judges and quality of cars are worth the trip. Hope the Supercar display continues.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to racelance

I was roaming the internet this fine Saturday morning and noticed this post. I was compelled to respond on Carlisle Events behalf.

The rumor you’ve heard is indeed true; the ACA is headed to another location. We enjoyed working with them in the past and we certainly wish them much success with their future events. The Carlisle GM Nationals, which will be held June 24-26, 2011, will be another great year. We’ve got a lot planned for this event and we’ll continue to put forth our strongest efforts to ensure each and every person that attends this event is smiling upon their departure and eager to return the following year. As many of you know, we host 10 events a year and strive to make every attendee, vendor and sponsor happy so they continue to come back year after year. The Carlisle GM Nationals is no different.

As a matter of fact, our team and I just got back from SEMA and have been working closely with various groups to ensure this year’s transition is a good one for everyone involved. Our events and our friendly team work hard at each of our shows, we listen closely to our attendees whenever there is feedback. We’ll continue to strive to make the Carlisle GM Nationals event the very best in the country. Your feedback will help us improve and we’ll do our best to make the adjustments necessary moving forward. We will have plenty of Camaro’s at the event; I hope you’re one of them!

We appreciate your continued support and I hope to personally meet you during the event.

Sincerely,

Lance Miller
Co-Owner Carlisle Events

PS I’ll have Rick Markko, the Carlisle GM Nationals event manager, post some of the current upcoming plans for this year’s event.