Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 06-10-2003, 04:36 AM

Default Mattisons COPO On Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2418944510

Here ya go guys, let the fun begin!
Motown [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2003, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Mattisons COPO On Ebay

You should take up auto journalism as a side job. Call Tom Shaw today! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

ZL1 #49 (Dale, Waukesha WI) Super Stock restoration by SCW; 9561AA (Walters, Hebron OH) Super Stock motor by the Grump
Old 06-10-2003, 07:21 AM

Jeff, would love to! These guys here might like it to so they would not have to put up with my book writing. Dont know how to get in touch with Tom, have him get in touch with me, my phone number is in the auction.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:58 PM

I can now apprieciate why Jim tends to stay under the radar, since posting this car on Ebay with the knowledge that it belongs to Jim, as of today I have recieved 115 Emails from people wanting to know more about the documentation project, or if they can get their car documented, and some even believing that I am Jim using an alias name. If his contact info was available for everyone who owned a classic Chevy right now he would need a switchboard operator and a main frame computer to handle the incoming! Jim needs a vote of thanks from everyone involved in this hobby, not only for the monumental task he has taken on, but for the pressure that the project has brought his way. Here's to you Jim, the last few days has made me realize the scope and responsibility of the project you are working on!
Thanks,
Motown [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2003, 02:47 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

This project is a huge undertaking, but it could be made easier with volunteer help. I'm sure it's a combination of looking at the paperwork, identifying what the vehicle is and what the paperwork is and then entering the information into a computer and storing the paperwork in a manner that it can be easily identified from the database. I do this on a daily basis. We have millions of records of information and it's time consuming to do anything. But our data is already in the database. Jim is dealing with getting the information entered and identified. Anyone in Jim's area should see if they could volunteer to help out(if Jim's company will allow it). Just think of all the time we waste here on the Internet!
Old 06-12-2003, 11:52 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,150 Posts

I believe you are right.It sure is an enormous task.
Thanks for the update...Jim...I mean...Um, Matt. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2003, 01:34 PM

All the Oshawa information was on microfilm. If all that Jim has is set up the same way, then he has a BIG job ahead of him.
Old 06-15-2003, 11:29 PM

Keith, from what I know of the scope of Jim's project, combined with dealing with friends like Al Maynard and myself, it's just a matter of time before Jim becomes a prime candidate for Prozac therapy! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Speaking of therapy, if any of you guys want to watch a class act, come on out to the vintage race at Road America July 18-20 and watch Jim's Jerry Titus 69 Trans Am Firebird piloted by Jim's son make short work out of the rest of the field. GM iron at it's finest, a very impressive vintage road race car with a more then capable driver, Jim's son JB. The vintage Bird runs a tricked out 69 Z motor, nothing like the sound of that mighty mouse twisting the RPM's coming out of a corner. I will dig out a photo and post it as soon as I find the patience to do the attachment on these. Happy Fathers Day to all!
Thanks,
Motown [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[/img]
Old 06-19-2003, 06:14 PM

This car has set a record on Ebay...Today is the last day of the auction, as of now there have been over 31,000 hits on the site in a little over 9 days. The most I ever recall seeing was about 11,000. Lots of people have an interest in COPO Camaro's.
Thanks,
Old 06-19-2003, 06:26 PM

Thanked 1,653 Times in 486 Posts

The license plate shown on the car 14M 035 Michigan. Is that a 1969 Manufacturers Plate? I see them in the old magazines on the new cars in press previews with the "M" as the third digit.