Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 02-14-2006, 07:22 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1970 judge 455 HO convertible

I do not believe the black car at RM was a staged deal I think it was real. I was talking to Peter and he really did buy the car.
69 L78 Nova
69 L34 Nova
67 SS Chevelle
73 Trans Am
Old 02-14-2006, 07:29 AM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

Lee...The other car that is the 4 speed is not a Judge, just a GTO.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK Pontiac Fans..who's right?

Got a twin being sold for nearly 400K here and claims its a real 4-speed.

1970 Judge 455 HO Convertible

1970 PONTIAC GTO, 455 HO Convertible, 1 of only 3, 4 spd., ac converts produced, 4 spd., ac, power steering, pdb, Rally gauges, hood tach, power seats, power windows, tilt, tint, am-fm, smog pump, posi, decor group, more, California car, red/red/black, fresh motor rebuild, matching #'s, PHS, window sticker, super rare, nice car with zero miles on original motor, $399,000, 215-348-0923, www.customclassicgto.com. -rp
Price: $399000.00

Seller on E-bay:
"You are bidding on the RAREST GTO judge convertible. This is 1 of only 3 made with the 455 H/O! All three were automatics as no 4 speed H/O convertibles were made."

I suspect both cars are superb. Don't mistake my post as an attempt to debase either the individuls (sellers) or the two cars...
But hey, for nearly 400K you kinda want some accuracy....heck, for a hundred grand one should expect some factual data on a car.

[/ QUOTE ]Ok,Heres the deal! The judge that Gary is selling is definetly 1 of 3 cars produced and is a superb car! The Idiot with the other car and I do mean IDIOT is about 20 miles from me! The car he speaks about is just a gto NOT A JUDGE and there was definetly more than 3 of those cars built. He is the same guy who just sold the ram iv convert in florida. He ruined that cars value by doing a long list of shady things with it like 1st of all saying he sold it for 800k last year. HE also represented it as numbers matching which it was not and while it was being restored he kept raising the price and the list goes on and on. I was told the car was not that nice and you could not even get close to it in florida. The guy and his wife who restored it was the ones who was with the car all weekend.Most of the cars on his website are not even his!! He takes other peoples pics from ads and websites and post them as his own for usually about 40-50 higher!! What a joke! Colin can attest to this as I remember one of his cars winding up on this other guys website! That car is just another attempt to jack the prices of gto's even higher than they should be. HE'S BAD FOR THE SO CALLED HOBBY
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2006, 08:09 AM

Holy Deceptive bidding Batman!!!...someone just hit the reserve and then instantly cancelled their bid. So now I know what the reserve is and so do alot of other people I suspect. Does this happen a lot?

Update..Now he's back with a lower, hi bid..All in just a minute or two.
<font color="#00FF00">1970 Z/28</font>
Old 02-14-2006, 08:25 AM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

Hopefully the seller will refuse to accept bids from the jackass.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He is the same guy who just sold the ram iv convert in florida. He ruined that cars value by doing a long list of shady things with it like 1st of all saying he sold it for 800k last year. HE also represented it as numbers matching which it was not and while it was being restored he kept raising the price and the list goes on and on. I was told the car was not that nice and you could not even get close to it in florida.

[/ QUOTE ]Hmmmm, sounds like what I heard outside later on.... you are right, it was VERY protected all weekend... I wondered then, if that's the case, WHY did Peter buy it then?? something about that whole deal didn't feel right to me, but that's just strictly MY opinion... car had phenominal curb appeal though. When the title-less Caddy went for $730,000 + fee's, after stalling at $195,000, we were like WTF... I saw some good deals go through though, that buyers/sellers were VERY happy with.

JH
Old 02-15-2006, 01:10 AM

The dealer GTO Don is referring to had my 70 Judge CV on his sight in two different places at two different prices for quite some time without my knowledge or permission.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:48 AM

Les:

Funny - not literally.
This is a new twist in quasi scamming and struck a chord...
Just sold my 69 vert. In the process of doing so I would often receive phone calls regarding the car and asked, "Are you sure this car is in your possesion, and its yours?" I was stunned at the inquiry and thought the callers were just plain nuts. Turns out there was good reason for the inquiry. Come to find out a dealer had collected my pictures from the internet and listed MY CAR on his site FOR SALE!!! Of course the dealer was attempting to sell it for more than I was asking with the probable intended plan of calling me, buying the car and passing it to the actual buyer at a higher rate.

How do you win (retorical question).
Every where you look - deceit, deception, lies, lack of integrity. The culprit - <font color="green"> GREED </font> .
Old 02-15-2006, 08:38 AM

Lee,
There is a pre-owned Porsche dealer on the East coast that is famous for this. Actually makes a living at it. I have also had several of my cars either put on ebay as a scam or on other dealer sights as had Colin and many other members of this forum.

One exotic car dealer in south Florida calls you up ostensibly just to talk about your rare cars then the next thing you know he has them listed on his sight and you didn't even know they were for sale?

Then there is the scam where you put a car up for sale and a prospective buyer gives you a deposit and you sign a contract but needs a few days or week to arrange financing. The week becomes two or three. Meanwhile your prospective buyer is busy trying to flip your car for more money and if he finds a buyer he buys your car and flips it, if not he wastes your time and gets his deposit back. I learned this lesson when someone the prospective buyer called figured he would also try to move the car and tried to sell me my own car. You have gotta love these guys!
Old 02-15-2006, 08:57 PM

Anyone interested in one of Les' cars or even house...please PM me for a great deal.