Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 02-03-2006, 08:03 PM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts
Default R/T Hemi Charger for Sale...?

I know that this has to be a scam...ten grand for a buy it now price
Charger R/T Hemi ???

But this isn't! Looks like Mockingbird812 (Sam Griffith) is selling his R/T Charger

Sam's Charger on Ebay

Heck, I never got my ride in the car Good luck on the sale Sam!
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 02-03-2006, 09:05 PM

Default Re: R/T Hemi Charger for Sale...?

The video thats mentioned in the ad is a must see. Thats about the coolest piece of documentation I think I've ever seen. Good luck on the sale.
<font color="#00FF00">1970 Z/28</font>
Old 02-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,846 Times in 751 Posts
Default Re: R/T Hemi Charger for Sale...?

That is neat, I figure that it was filmed in about 1973, the newest car is a '73 Monte Carlo. Wish I knew those guys in High School. How did any of those cars live? Did you see the spinout in traffic with the car skidding within inches of the Mopar?
Old 02-05-2006, 06:16 PM

Default Re: R/T Hemi Charger for Sale.REPLY FROM SELLER

I sent an email offering the buy it now price and this is what he sent me. I offered to have the deposit hand delivered by my "english" cousin. These guys stop at nothing.

FROM SELLER

Hello again,

Thank you for your quick answer.

I am sorry for the mistake I made in my ad with the location of the car, that was just a misprint, as I am not so experienced with Internet sales. I am located in England, as I recently moved here. I tried to register the vehicle here, but it will take too long and I have to pay very expensive duty taxes.

This car meets all Environmental Regulations in the USA ( DOT , EPA ) . It has a clear title issued in US and it can be registered anytime under your name without a problem. It is an US car ( US model , US specifications ) and the odometer is in Miles, speedometer is in Miles per Hour ( MPH ). There are a lot of things which have priority now, so, this car has to go.

The shipping will be made via ocean and the car will be delivered to your door. The shipping company I will use makes door to door deliveries and the estimated delivery time is 21 days. I will send the car with all the papers. Time is really an issue and we have to move fast, so I will support 65% of the shipping costs, the remaining 35% will be supported by you. The car will be insured in case of damage and there will be no custom fees or additional taxes to pay as all the documents are American and the car is an US one.

I hope you are serious in your intention for buying it. Regarding the payment I want to end this deal in a safe method for both of us. In order to proceed with the shipping I need a deposit confirmation of $3000.00 US funds. The payment must be done using a money order service.

I'm a fair trader with a very good feedback on eBay which is the proof that I have closed a lot of successful deals.
During this period I learned that the best deals are closed when the risk involved is minimum. You will arrange payment through Western Union Money Transfer Service.
I have something safe for you because I want you to be sure that you will receive the vehicle and I hope we will collaborate in the future, as well.

Look what I can do for you:

-you will make the transfer to my location but not to my name (you will use your best friends name for example as the receiver's name) so you can be sure that I will not be able pick up the money until you get the car. So you make a deposit at Western Union and then give me the transfer's details ( sender name, receiver name, money transfer control number-MTCN). With these informations I can check the transfer online.
After I check it and see that the funds are available, I will send you the car immediately and I will provide you with the tracking number, so you can be able to check the vehicle's way to your door. Only after you will receive the car and confirm that it is like I described it, you will have to change the name of the transfer with mine so I can collect my money. So until you will have the vehicle in your hands the money will be deposited on your best friend's name at a Western Union office. I will allow 3-5 days for inspection, and I am sure there will be no problems and that the car will pass the inspection tests as it is a state of a machine. I offer a complete customer satisfaction guarantee or your money back. This policy means, that if the vehicle is not as described then you may return it for a 100% refund. If the car is returned, it must be returned in the exact condition as shipped and it will return on my costs.

I think it is better to not inform Western Union that you will change the receiver's name in a few days because it is possible they ask you to pay the fees twice (fees that are quite big for such amount); also when you go to the Western Union office to make the transfer, please don't tell the employee that the money are for a purchase because here, in this country, I must pay some additional taxes, for making commerce, when I have to pick up the funds. Please say that you send the money to your friend or to your partner.

My old buyers of course make the transfer at Western Union directly to my name which is easier and I will be happy if you trust me; but because it is our first deal I proposed you this very safe and efficient method so you can only deposit the funds first and after you get the car allow me to cash them.

After you've completed the transfer you will receive a confirmation that will allow me to track the transfer online.
Here are the details that I need:
-sender name and address
-receiver name
-exact amount wired
-MTCN # (10 digits)
-if it is possible a scanned copy of the receipt format .JPEG for me to add to the documents.

As soon as the payment will be confirmed and the money properly sent, I will IMMEDIATELY proceed with the shipping . The payment is fully refundable if for any reason you do not accept the vehicle or if it has scratches, hidden defects, or it is not as advertised.
After the inspection period ends, you must send me the remaining part of the amount.

Here is my name and address you need for the transfer:

Thomas Hutson
322 LONDON ROAD, ZIP PO7 7DU.
HAMPSHIRE, England

If you agree with these terms, let me know and I will be more than glad to start and complete the transaction with you. Thank you and I hope that you will have the pleasure to drive this machine.

Kind regards, Thomas Hutson.

| |
Old 02-05-2006, 08:26 PM

You would think by now they would at least ask a price that sounds more realistic!
Old 02-06-2006, 04:42 AM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

I'd rather have Sam's car anyways!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather have Sam's car anyways!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whew! I thot they were talking about my car.