Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - Wanted

Please note

Old 05-25-2014, 04:48 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Central Chevrolet 2930 Peachtree Road N.W. Atlanta

<span style="font-size: 11pt">Looking for a licence plate frame, dealer ID emblem, decals or other dealer swag from Central Chevrolet 2930 Peachtree Road N.W. Atlanta Georgia 30305, please PM details. Thanks.</span>
Attachments - The Supercar Registry image.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 05-25-2014, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Central Chevrolet 2930 Peachtree Road N.W. Atlanta

pm sent

68 COPO Camaro 9737 non-converted YENKO
69 YENKO SC Camaro, Hugger Orange - born with engine!
Old 05-27-2014, 02:15 PM

So far I have been able to locate an image of the dealership logo and confirm it was closed in the early '70s.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:32 PM

It can expensive but you can get a die cast emblem made.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:46 PM

Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,144 Posts

Googling Central Atlanta shows a few other Central delivered cars also brings up a new question.
There's a few Central cars @ this link but note someone looking for the original owner of an LT1 'Vette w/ a Central emblem http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...t-atlanta.html
Click here to a past SYC thread where member GRB mentions he bought a new LT1 @ Central https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbt...opics/135900/1
Same car?

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]
~ Pete
Old 05-27-2014, 08:56 PM

Wow. I never realized how close I lived to Central Chevrolet. From my parents house to Central was 5.91 miles according to mapquest, right up Piedmont Rd and right on Peachtree. It's a shame I don't live there now Lloyd, it would be fun looking for some of that old stuff. I still have a few friends that haven't left maybe I can have them look around too.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:54 PM

Gary, I've reached out to a couple of Atlanta car guy contacts in the Oldmobile community via another Yenko.net member-friend, as well I've posted a want ad on the local Craigslist site. I have also searched the on-line Atlanta History files for early photos (no luck as yet). Early feedback is that there were plenty of muscle cars in Atlanta back in the day so who knows what might turn up. If you have friends and family still in the area why not enlist their help in the search!
Old 05-27-2014, 09:59 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XXXBlackLs6M22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 1970 Chevelle SS454 LS6 is also a Central Chevrolet ordered car Dealer #097 with Zone #08.
If you pick up any doubles of memorabilia or logos keep me in mind.
Thanks for sharing that photo.
<span style="font-weight: bold">It would be a great idea to reproduce that logo as a sticker for now.</span> </div></div>

I would sure like to know what Central Chevrolet used for dealer identification on their new cars; was it a (foil) decal, a cast metal logo-emblem or maybe a plate/tag frame? Is there be a Yenko.net member with one of their cars who can provide some insight (and photos)?
Old 05-27-2014, 10:35 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Edgemontvillage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gary, I've reached out to a couple of Atlanta car guy contacts in the Oldmobile community via another Yenko.net member-friend, as well I've posted a want ad on the local Craigslist site. I have also searched the on-line Atlanta History files for early photos (no luck as yet). Early feedback is that there were plenty of muscle cars in Atlanta back in the day so who knows what might turn up. If you have friends and family still in the area why not enlist their help in the search! </div></div>

I have a few air force buddies I grew up with in Atlanta working at the Hartsfield Airport, sent out some emails this afternoon, we'll see what happens.

Being so close to Peachtree Rd growing up, I use to hang out with this older guy that was driving before I was and we used to hit all the dealers to test drive cars way back when when you could do that without a salesmen in the car. We actually went to a dealer selling Ferrari's and Lamborghini's one time but it was a no go there. I skipped school one day with a friend of mine and I remember walking into a Timmers Chevrolet I think it was and saw a Vette on the showroom floor in white and thought it was a ZL1 but it could have been an LT-1 but still think there wasn't a dash in there. I am unsure about that on. I was 16 in 69 and my boss at the Burger Chef I work at, remember that joint guys, had a Fathom Green, black stripe, black interior no spoiler Z he use to race light to light all the time. My friends brother had a Garnet Red 307 3 speed on the floor and one of my high school girlfriends brother had a Lemans Blue RS with white everything. I gotta tell ya, I was hooked, but all I could afford was the 64 4 speed GTO I got for $200.00 at 14. Use to see everything under the sun in Atlanta, including my first Henry J. What a ride. I was into dirt bikes and Harley's then too.

Just lost my IP service while I was editing this post, I hope I didn't mess anybody up with this in limbo. A huge storm is passing thru right now so it's just sitting on my screen waiting for me to resend it.

The Following User Says Thank You to GaryC For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (07-29-2019)
Old 05-28-2014, 12:21 AM

Great story Gary, BTW the current episodes of <span style="font-weight: bold">Mad Men </span>are featuring Burger Chef. Until you referenced it I didn't know it was a real company.