Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 05-23-2018, 07:35 PM

Roy:
"Simply not true, NCRS does not allow a window sticker to be displayed unless it has been validated by their service, they assign no points to any paperwork and never have"
So, what you are saying is that any of these reproduced documents by the corvette museum would have to be validated, before they would be allowed to be displayed, correct?
Additionally, there are hundreds of people that think Bloomington requires either a list of options, window sticker or reproduction window sticker, to display the option list. I am not talking about judging the documents just that most people understand it's required. Looking through any Corvette forums, you will see the same. However you are saying, Blookington will not even allow a window sticker or reproduction window sticker to be displayed unless it has been validated?

Paul

Last edited by fsc66; 05-24-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:21 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsc66 View Post
So, what you are saying is that any of these reproduced documents by the corvette museum would have to be validated, before they would be allowed to be displayed, correct?
Paul
NCRS does not offer any type of validation service for the 1975 through current paperwork the NCM can produce actual copies of, so no NCRS does not require those documents be validated. NCRS does not judge paperwork. They do require the blue sky figment of your imagination documents for 1962 through 1971 Corvettes be validated before you even display it at one of their shows, again it is not judged.

Quote:
Additionally, there are hundreds of people that think Bloomington requires either a list of options, window sticker or reproduction window sticker, to display the option list. I am not talking about judging the documents just that most people understand it's required. Looking through any Corvette forums, you will see the same. Paul
Bloomington is not NCRS! NCRS is a non profit hobbyist group, Bloomington is a for profit privately owned organization and unlike NCRS they do assign judging points to the documents.

Quote:
However you are saying, Bloomington will not even allow a window sticker or reproduction window sticker to be displayed unless it has been validated?
Paul
No I said NCRS would not allow window stickers to be displayed unless they could be validated. The NCM documents are authentic copies just like the PHS documents and the records available from the Marti report on Fords.

NCRS does not judge paperwork, NCRS wants nothing to do with the counterfeit cottage industry. again NCRS is not Bloomington.

Sinor Prestige Automobiles Inc.
9575 N 177th E. Ave.
Owasso, OK 74055
918-361-6424 cell
[email protected]
www.sinorprestigeauto.com

Last edited by rsinor; 05-24-2018 at 01:26 PM. Reason: spelling
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rsinor For This Useful Post:
Charley Lillard (05-24-2018), m22mike (05-24-2018), MJV1953 (05-25-2018), MosportGreen66 (05-24-2018), ZLP955 (05-26-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 03:47 PM

Default Phs

Roy, just for the record, what company is doing the reproduction documents for PHS?
Secondly, I have been to the Syosset Exotic Cars, NCRS judged event and there were about 25 cars there. Approx 6-7 of the cars judged displayed window stickers that were not validated and some pretty poor reproductions. I understand that the documents themselves are not being judged but they surely had them displayed. Unless the various chapters have their own rules.

Paul

Last edited by fsc66; 05-24-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Roy, just for the record, what company is doing the reproduction documents for PHS?
Secondly, I have been to the Syosset Exotic Cars, NCRS judged event and there were about 25 cars there. Approx 6-7 of the cars judged displayed window stickers that were not validated and some pretty poor reproductions. I understand that the documents themselves are not being judged but they surely had them displayed. Unless the various chapters have their own rules.

Paul
Paul, what does it matter? Roy has made it clear that the documents are not judged. The vendor is a competitor of yours (regardless of "quality" of reproduction). The act was done by the car owner or car restorer. This deviates from the topic of conversation and skirts around core issues at hand.

Dan
Old 05-24-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:

Paul
my comments were directed at Regional and National events where the National Judging chairman is present and can enforce the rules, chapter events are just that chapter, if no national club officials are there all bets are off.

9575 N 177th E. Ave.
Owasso, OK 74055
918-361-6424 cell
[email protected]
Old 05-24-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Paul
I believe PHS does them, you would have to ask them.

9575 N 177th E. Ave.
Owasso, OK 74055
918-361-6424 cell
[email protected]
Old 05-24-2018, 09:58 PM

Default End of my involvement

All:
I've decided that any further correspondences I have relating to this thread, I will handle via PM. There is much more to this issue than meets the eye and there is no reason to make it public at this point.

Thanks,
Paul
PeteLeathersac (05-25-2018), rsinor (05-29-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 03:15 PM

Thanked 1,835 Times in 746 Posts

It was a good time to be out of the Country for three weeks, I just got all caught up on this thread this morning. Thank you for your comments, Roy.
The Following User Says Thank You to TimG For This Useful Post:
rsinor (05-25-2018)