Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Old 08-13-2017, 03:44 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Why all the X'ed out options like powerglide, heater, etc?

Jason
Old 08-13-2017, 04:15 PM

Those items are pre-printed as part of the form. I have seen them crossed out many times when they did not apply to the vehicle order.

Steve
68 SS427 Custom Coupe 427/385/M21/3:73
68 Impala Custom Coupe 427/425/M21/3:73
68 Biscayne 2 Door 250/3 speed
68 Caprice Estate
68 Camaro SS396 4 speed
Old 08-13-2017, 05:43 PM

Thanked 2,473 Times in 1,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt S View Post
I'm a doubter on those docs. Maybe they are real, but maybe not.
If the car turns up, I'm more of a doubter.....
Good reason to doubt those docs.

Fake docs almost always use one of three addresses:

1. The real 1969 address of a person who has recently passed, preferably someone without children.
2. A fake addres where there has never been a house.
3. A now commercial address (or at least close to a commercial concern) so that folks will simply assume the old houses were torn down and the strip mall, or whatever, is now in its place.
4. Some combination of the above.

There is currently no 2407 Mulberry Ln. Where that address would be is an apt. complex built in ..... 1969. They use "Apt. A, Apt. B, Apt. C" designations for each address.

So, is it possible that David Cothron lived in a house at 2407 Mulberry Ln. and RIGHT AFTER this paperwork was executed in Nov. 1968, they bought his house, tore it down (along with any others in the neighborhood) and built the Apts. by 1969?
Sure it is. It is also possible that monkeys fly out of my butt next time I bend over to work on one of the cars. I will stop short of stating that I know 100% for certain these are fake docs. It would be easy enough for someone to look at county land records for 1968 and see if there really was a 2407 Mulberry Lane. I can tell you that if there was, it wasn't titled to anyone named Cothron. Still, Mr. Cothron could have been a renter, so that isn't proof. However, if there wasn't even a home at that address, pretty strong evidence that the docs are fake.

Remember the Edward O'Donnell completely faked Black JL8, L89 car in Florida? I mean complete, all the way from the car itself which started life as a LB plain jane car and became a documented L89, JL8 car complete with docs? They went to great pains to find a recently deceased person (Kenny) with no children for all the paperwork. What they didn't count on was Kenneth's estate being probated. I called the executrix of the estate who had known Kenneth his whole life, and she told me he never even owned a Camaro.

Last edited by Lynn; 08-13-2017 at 11:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Billohio (08-14-2017)
Old 08-15-2017, 05:39 PM

The Engine date and the car vin are very close... with the order confirmation early if the N000XXX is correct. If the build were waiting on an engine for production the close engine and vin would be right on the money.
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, & other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
Old 08-15-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Good reason to doubt those docs.

Fake docs almost always use one of three addresses:

1. The real 1969 address of a person who has recently passed, preferably someone without children.
2. A fake addres where there has never been a house.
3. A now commercial address (or at least close to a commercial concern) so that folks will simply assume the old houses were torn down and the strip mall, or whatever, is now in its place.
4. Some combination of the above.

There is currently no 2407 Mulberry Ln. Where that address would be is an apt. complex built in ..... 1969. They use "Apt. A, Apt. B, Apt. C" designations for each address.

So, is it possible that David Cothron lived in a house at 2407 Mulberry Ln. and RIGHT AFTER this paperwork was executed in Nov. 1968, they bought his house, tore it down (along with any others in the neighborhood) and built the Apts. by 1969?
Sure it is. It is also possible that monkeys fly out of my butt next time I bend over to work on one of the cars. I will stop short of stating that I know 100% for certain these are fake docs. It would be easy enough for someone to look at county land records for 1968 and see if there really was a 2407 Mulberry Lane. I can tell you that if there was, it wasn't titled to anyone named Cothron. Still, Mr. Cothron could have been a renter, so that isn't proof. However, if there wasn't even a home at that address, pretty strong evidence that the docs are fake.

Remember the Edward O'Donnell completely faked Black JL8, L89 car in Florida? I mean complete, all the way from the car itself which started life as a LB plain jane car and became a documented L89, JL8 car complete with docs? They went to great pains to find a recently deceased person (Kenny) with no children for all the paperwork. What they didn't count on was Kenneth's estate being probated. I called the executrix of the estate who had known Kenneth his whole life, and she told me he never even owned a Camaro.
I like having guys like Lynn on our side:-)

Ryan W.

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31
Old 08-15-2017, 11:50 PM

There was a post on another forum, where a member contacted the seller and was told the guy deliberately priced the docs so high that nobody would buy, but he was hoping the car would turn up as he wanted to buy it back. Seems like a strange thing to do, rather than just put a wanted ad up for that VIN, if the car turns up now and is purported to be a genuine L89 via those docs, the price goes up massively.
Ran at Lions Dragstrip and Pomona Raceway, with paint by Bob Kovacs of Fresno.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:05 AM

Thanked 2,473 Times in 1,154 Posts

Thanks for the compliment Ryan. Mind you, I did stop short of calling these fake docs.
Just saying the address makes them suspect.

Would like to hear from Kurt why he is suspicious, but CERTAINLY understand why he would be reluctant. I was a little reluctant myself to post the "address syndrome" but figured the document fakers and scammers have no choice on that. If they use MY address from 1969, it is too easy to bust them. County Clerks and recorders of deeds are great research tools.

Kurt, if you read this, would love to get a PM from you, which of course will stay confidential.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:49 AM

I've never seen a contract with an engine # on it. Invoices, yes.
But others have contacted him and he is the original owner, so they may be legit docs.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:50 AM

the guy says hes the original owner. pretty solid. may ways to dig up original info on that car.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:51 AM

the xxxxs on the form are pre printed