Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Pontiac

Old 08-17-2017, 10:47 PM

Well......no pics of it in your shop!?
Old 08-17-2017, 11:50 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,136 Posts

But of course! I crawled around it the other day and found a few unique things. First being the period correct, rarely redone, Day-2 mod for the early 80s...12" Kicker Subs, tweeters, midranges, and crossovers!! I even found a CB radio under the back seat! I think these speakers were worth about 200lbs of weight in the trunk. Sadly, the rear package tray suffered a complete butchering due to this, but Ebay to the rescue!~! A quick click of the mouse and a complete package tray and rear seat divider, nicely cut out with spot welds intact, is on deck for installation when the time comes.

I also was sure to get the original 15x8 WS6 wheels with the car. Not knowing much about them, a little search shows there apparently is about 192 different styles of them. These were most common on the Gold cars, but the Y82s got them too (the all gold painted style). So now I have two sets to chose from and frankly, like the way the 15x7s fit better. But we'll see what goes back on the car.

Interior all there, radio in a box in the trunk. Clock even works on the tach!!! I found a few markings on the car; one on the hood underside and another on the firewall. Everything on the engine matches up too. A/C hoses are in the trunk too....because Pontiacs had really long hoses back then

It's positively aweful, and I love it!!!!! Also, a very very VERY rare option known on the Buildsheet as DS8P (Deer Smacker 8- Points). It's the little sonic shistle thing installed by the front marker light. That little jobby, at speed, emits a sonic "boom" that stuns 8-Point Bucks rendering them helpless as you smack them off the road. Actually,,, I think PepBoys sells them and they're supposed to scare the deer away. Maybe making them laugh so hard anyone would put something like that on their car they won't be on the road to get hit???? Enjoy!

Cheers

Dave
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2017, 02:59 AM

Love it!

BTW, use the 15 x 8 WS6 wheels. They will add greatly to the badassery of this car! Trust me on this.

Last edited by Chazman; 08-18-2017 at 04:04 AM.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:58 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,136 Posts

Thanks! And yeah...I think you're right with the wheels. I'm really itching to start on it. Something about cruising with the tops off is really enticing right now. But...Bullitt first. I'm hoping for paint on that in a couple months!

First thing I do want to do is yank the tank and see if I can find another buildsheet. I'll keep you's guys posted!

Cheers

Dave
Old 08-20-2017, 02:14 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Looks like the same car as my buddys moms. He did have trouble getting interior colors to match but cant remember why. He got cheap door panels and they were not the shape of tbe door and didnt hang right. I am pretty sure her car is 4 wheel disks but it was pretty hacked up and rusty
Old 08-20-2017, 04:42 AM

This Trans Am build is going to FUN!

Love it....there will be a lot of Sum Bitch jokes and Movie trailers

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 08-21-2017, 07:59 PM

Thanked 1,365 Times in 662 Posts

I had a 1978 Trans Am when I was in college, but it was silver with the Pontiac 400 (not the 403 Olds), luxurious red velour interior and Hurst Hatches as well.
Yeah, you don't want to get caught in the rain in that as those T-Tops are more like directional downspouts than actual rain barriers.
Fun cars, and looking forward to the build.
John 10:30
Old 08-23-2017, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markinnaples View Post
I had a 1978 Trans Am when I was in college, but it was silver with the Pontiac 400 (not the 403 Olds), luxurious red velour interior and Hurst Hatches as well.
Yeah, you don't want to get caught in the rain in that as those T-Tops are more like directional downspouts than actual rain barriers.
Fun cars, and looking forward to the build.
Do you have any pictures of your car when you had it? I love vintage pictures of these cars, back when people owned them to enjoy them, not to pamper them as trailer queens and investments like today.
The Following User Says Thank You to 9999 For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (08-23-2017)